To make your stay more comfortable, here you have general, tourist and cultural information about Costa Rica.
The closest restaurants to CCCN have joined the NCTE to offer you Conference participants the chance to get a varied food offer.
To give you an economical option for your meals, the restaurants over here offer you “the NCTE menu” with a price ranging USD$12-16
So it doesn’t matter your restaurant choice, its location, or specialty. You’ll always know how much you’ll have to pay!!
Note: In addition to the special menu, all restaurants have their full menu available.
Security Measures for local and International Guests
Welcome to Costa Rica!!
The NCTE extends a warm welcome to its local and international visitors.
- We recommend that you use the same common sense traveling overseas that you would at home.
- Be especially cautious in (or avoid) crowded areas (bus stations, tourist sites, market places, etc.
- When you are moving around the city, carry the minimum number of valuables and plan places to conceal them. Your passport, cash and credit cards are most secure when locked in a hotel safe. When you have to carry them with you, you may wish to put them in various places rather than all in one wallet or pouch. One of the safest places to carry valuables is in a pouch or money belt worn under your clothing.
- Avoid wearing flashy, expensive jewelry.
- Stay in public areas, and don´t use short cuts, narrow alleys or poorly lit streets. Try not to go out alone at night. If you are out late at night, let someone know when you expect to return.
- Avoid hailing taxis on the street, and use the taxis at the hotel. When possible, you should call a taxi company to request a pick up. Only take taxis clearly identified with official markings.
- Deal only with authorized agents or yours hotel when you exchange money. To avoid carrying large amounts of cash, change your traveler´s checks only as you need.
- Countersign traveler´s checks only in front of the person who will cash them. If you need to use an ATM to withdraw money, try to use those that are located in malls or other public shopping centers.
- Do not discuss travel plans or other personal matters with strangers. Do not accept food or drink from strangers.
- Dial 911 in case of emergency.